Lake Casitas

Lake Casitas
Ah the good life

Sunday, August 1, 2010

The Box movie review

I read this short story in high school and I remember well the impact when I got to the end. The movie follows the book, but in it's attempts to elaborate derails horribly. Cameron Diaz's southern accent was not at all convincing, though she did hit the emotional highs and lows of her character well. Frank Langella was memorable and spooky as the creepy man who delivers the box. I feel the impact of the moral decision was lessoned dramtically by the continued moral dilemmas and killing which didn't entirely make sense. By the end of the movie I was half expecting Freddy Kruger to show up. If you didn't see this movie don't bother. Not worth the price of admission and doubly so if you read the short story and remember the impact. So on the Heart Chart The Box gets 2 out of 5 hearts. ♥ ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment