Lake Casitas

Lake Casitas
Ah the good life

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Shutter Island movie review


Leo delivers like always, in this crafty psychological thriller that keeps you guessing till the very end. His portrayal of a man attempting to hold on to his sanity in the face of unspeakable horrors is both convincing and emotionally gripping. I think this movie shows us the lengths our minds will go to in order to protect us, even from ourselves. Definitely not a date movie. I am continually confounded that an actor this talented with so many amazing portrayals has failed to be recognized for his contributions to the industry. Absolutely one of those things that make you hmmmm? The thing that stops this from being a five, for me at least, is that it's a little hard to follow. This may not be fair of me, but I like a good guys win ending. Of course we all know life isn't always like that, but at the movies for my entertainment bucks all $20.00 of them as of late, I like the good guys to win. This movie leaves you feeling a bit helpless and knowing that you can't always know who or what the bad guys are, let alone slay them. So... on the Heart Chart Shutter Island gets 4 out of 5 hearts... ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment