Lake Casitas

Lake Casitas
Ah the good life

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Best & Worst

Best:  Our trip is coming up. So excited. Going to try and go camping while it is still nice and cool, our favorite thing. :)  I love this time of year...I love the cold. Now we've had a little rain and it always leaves everything so clean and fresh. We will be painting soon the rest of our handmade dishes. I will definitely post pics. So excited to have our very own unique handmade set of plates. Getting to confront a selfish person in the parking lot about their inconsiderate parking.  I just don't get some people and it felt good to stand up and say something. Noelle and I have started playing pool again and are having great fun doing so. :) We are planning a trip to Tombstone. A little ghost hunting adventure with some good friends. That will be a lot of fun. I think 2013 is going to be a great year. 

Worst:  Have to do taxes soon. Not that much fun, but it will be nice once it's done. 

Funniest:  Taking a bite of my Quesadilla and the oil from the cheese squirting all over my freshly washed shirt. sighs....it wasn't really very funny then...but it's sort of funny now. 

What I learned:  That car insurance companies use your credit report along with your driving history, age, marital status,and location in determining your rate.  I feel this is utter bullshit. Whether or not you pay your bills in a timely manner has nothing to do with how you drive..your driving record should be the biggest consideration when determining rates. Just another scam getting pulled on Americans. I  also learned that 47 states allow potential employers to do credit checks in deciding which prospective new employees to hire.  Now.. if you are applying to be handling someone's finances that seems reasonable to me, but I don't think a credit check should be included to get a job serving coffee at the local diner. There are a handful of states that dictate how credit reports can be used in the hiring process..California is one of those states. 

6 comments:

  1. I love reading your best and worst. It makrs me smile and i get to learn some stuff i didnt know. Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your best and worst. It makrs me smile and i get to learn some stuff i didnt know. Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you sweet Cindy. I enjoy doing best and worst. C.j. is often the only one who does hers too in response. I love it when people respond with their own best and worst. It's just a fun thing. Miss you too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best: watching a student perform the skill that we've been teaching them for a couple of years. I'm getting back in an exercising routine in the mornings with the Wii Fit.

    Worst: Having to make tough decisions at work.

    Funniest: my staff replacing a student's sling because it had a hole in it. The day before the student had a sling under her that had some tears in it. AKA holes. Most of the slings that are used have a hole cut out for the bum (don't ask why). Yesteray, my staff overheard me say to put a different sling under the student because it had a hole in it. Next day I check the sling under the student and it is a new sling without any tears. Later that day I notice that the student had one of out slings under her. I inquired why she had our sling under her and my staff replied that it had a hole in it. I checked the sling again making sure it didn't have any holes. The only hole it had was the one for the bum. They laughed cause they thought that I meant the hole for the bum when I meant tears AKA holes. LOL It's funnier when you hear me tell it.

    What I learned: it's best to just get naked, then weigh yourself. So much easier this way because you don't have to guess how heavy your clothing is. Wii Fit asks you how heavy your clothing is. Naked means no guessing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd like to add a Dumb Ass section to this fun list. My phone was freezing up and I would have to reboot it several times a week. I went to Verizon and complained (3rd time). I argued with the guy about getting a new phone. He kept insisting that I stay with the original phone that maybe it will get better. HUH? Ok Dumb Ass now give me a new phone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. C.j. I love your dumb ass section. sometimes I think we just need to put that down. LOL I always look forward to hearing your best and worst. :)

    ReplyDelete